Mokume Gane Pendant

Mokume Gane Pendant
Julie Picarello Style

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Extruder Solution

Well, yay!  My Walnut Hollow extruder had a mishap.  Yep, that was a GOOD thing!

I have awful arthritis in my hands and sometimes would use a vise to hold the extruder while cranking.  But I didn't always want to go to all that trouble just for a small amount of extruding.  The Walnut Hollow has a black rubber-ish sleeve over the body.  Well, that sleeve let go and came off the extruder.

You would think that'd be a big old

but NO!!

That led me to find a solution to grasping it... and what a great benefit it turned out to be for my arthritic hands!





To the rescue: GELGRIP

I think I picked this up at Home Depot.  You wrap it around and around the extruder and get a great padded grip!  So now it's not only padded but a bigger grip, too.  My only teenytiny criticism is that you have to attach both ends with electrical tape.  But a minor thing, for sure!







So then, the extruder wouldn't fit back into the case with the plastic organizer still in it.  I took that as an opportunity to put a magnetic sheet in the bottom of the case to hold some of my disks.  (In the spirit of recycling, I used an advertising magnetic sheet from a major league baseball team.  I save every magnetic ad I get!)

Maybe this will help some of my fellow clayers that also have trouble gripping their extruders!


HAPPY CLAYING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment