Mokume Gane Pendant

Mokume Gane Pendant
Julie Picarello Style

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Christmas Courtesy of Cracker Barrel

A recent trip to Cracker Barrel...


..brought me to the decision to have a brown, green and gold Christmas tree this year.  I always have a color theme going on.

Last year was silver and white.... 





...with very small touches of red and green from the polymer clay covered ornaments that I placed over the white lights.
Mokume gane covered glass ornament

Back to the Cracker Barrel part of this story!  They have a beautiful green, brown and gold tree in the store.
This ornament moved me away from my polymer clay for the past week or so!  I've been creating my own ornaments!  Of course, with time and materials, I could have probably said, "Load it into my truck!" and spent less money!! But I've been having a great time creating them!

These pictures were taken on the fly before zooming out the door to take my granddaughter home, so aren't the best.  Just thrown in boxes to keep them from the kitties!



If you get a chance to drop by a Cracker Barrel, take a look at their tree!  It's breathtaking!

I'm also making new polymer clay ornaments for the lights.  I've been accused of making "glittery camouflage".  I'll put a picture on here as soon as I get one taken! 

And here you go!!
When you put one of the mini-string Christmas lights
inside it, it has a great soothing glow!

Merry Christmas, y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment