Mokume Gane Pendant

Mokume Gane Pendant
Julie Picarello Style

Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's A First!

My First-Ever Craft Fair

Sunny Days in Gay Craft Fair

May 5 and 6, 2013


The front of my booth.

I finally put my first booth in a craft fair!  It took a lot of nudging by some co-workers, but I'm so glad they did!  Saturday was horrendous!  It was raining sideways!  And cold!!  The temperature never broke 50°!  I had the finest shade of purple lips when the day was over!
Sunday, the sky cleared and temperatures rose to the low 60s! 
What a fantastic day!


  
This is the side of my booth.  I was so fortunate to get a space up-front and on a corner my first show!  The shows (The Cotton Pickin' Fair is across the street) boast 300,000 people through the shows each year.  The fairs are held the first full weekend in May and October each year.
 
 
This is the jewelry area.  My son made the necklace displays.  One is a wine bottle and the other is a very old shampoo bottle he found under the house they bought.  My daughter-in-law wanted that one back --- and I don't blame her!!  The earring display was found at Hobby Lobby.  It started out hot pink, so I painted it the colors I used in my booth.
  

These two shelves were bought at Family Dollar for $12.00 each.  I painted them green, too.  They are displaying my salt and pepper shakers, pens and covered tins.
 
The one on the left was the Saturday set-up.  The one on the right was during the torrential downpours! My son changed things around a little when the sun finally shone!
 
This corner étagère was also purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I had most of my jars and vases on it, along with my margarita glasses that I loved.  Surprisingly, nobody purchased them!  
 
My son also moved it around the second day.  It was on the back corner and he moved it to the front.  We weren't able to put the green liners back on the shelves because they refused to dry!
 


These are votive candle holders using translucent clay to allow the light to show through.
I ended up setting up a small display to show how I made the polymer clay.  People thought they were painted on until they touched the pieces.  So I set up and showed them and left them feel the raw clays and see some canes.
That was fun!
 

Last but not least, the table that was the major topic of questions --- not for the ornaments and jars, but the bistro set itself!!  It was loved!  The set came from the Home Depot for $139.00.  And that's the original color!
 
It was a fantastic experience and I was told that I was I started out about as bad as it could get with the Saturday storms!  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to do the show in October.  But, I need to find a place to put all of the extra stuff I had to buy for display first!
 
Happy crafting! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment